“There has been a lot of skepticism about finance recently, but it’s important we understand the value of financial innovation,” says economist Robert Shiller. In the latest issue of CFA Institute Magazine, Shiller explains why “finance is really a technology that works toward reducing inequality” and how government and the investment industry can better use this technology to promote “the good society.”
Other highlights from the July/August issue include:
- How and why some wealth managers defy researchers’ warnings about structured products.
- An interview with James Grant, founder of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, on why “the classical monetary system called the gold standard . . . is the wave of the future.”
- Why managers should consider implementing a cash strategy.
- Next-generation analytics and whether unstructured data can improve forecasting.
- A closer look at mirror funds and whether they give a distorted “reflection.”
Plus articles on the investment potential of Myanmar, the controversial distinction between tactical asset allocation and market timing, what Don Quixote can teach investors about flawed perception, the need for more transparency among Asian ETFs, and the future of China’s exchanges.
Please note that the content of this site should not be construed as investment advice, nor do the opinions expressed necessarily reflect the views of CFA Institute.