Has the world entered an era in which the rules governing financial accounts and capital movement will be routinely changed with the stroke of a pen? The international consensus against capital controls appears to be crumbling. In a digital-only article, the latest issue of CFA Institute Magazine looks at recent developments in global markets and implications for investors.
Other highlights from the September/October issue of CFA Institute Magazine include:
- Why international diversification really does work, according to award-winning research.
- Iceland central bank governor Már Gudmundsson on the lessons of Iceland’s recovery.
- How advisers can get more from their websites.
- One expert’s quest to find the next breakout markets.
- Cultivating returns with an agricultural portfolio.
Plus articles on the new Systemic Risk Council, the growth of thought leadership as a career path, eurobonds and the sovereign debt crisis, how risk management dictates success for traders, and society advocacy efforts.