Will a currency war lead to a collapse of investor confidence? This issue’s cover story examines the possible outcomes.
Other highlights from the May/June issue of CFA Magazine include:
- An analysis of how fundamental and technical factors drive markets.
- New challenges confronting socially responsible investing.
- What microfinance institutions can learn from pawn shops.
- An interview with Nicholas Kaiser, CFA, principal portfolio manager of the world’s fastest-growing Islamic equity fund.
- Why private equity retains its allure despite being hammered by the financial crisis.
Plus articles on operational planning for a euro crisis, global implications of the Volcker Rule, whether new methods can help investors avoid downfalls from herd mentality, the impact of custodial competition on advisers, and why U.S. insurers weathered the financial crisis better than banks.