Just Released: CFA Magazine (January/February 2012)
After a decade of outperformance, have inflation-linked bonds reached a tipping point? This issue’s cover story examines recent developments with TIPS, including what investors can expect in the short and long term.
Other highlights from the January/February issue of CFA Magazine include:
- Charterholders sharing recent experiences and advice on making career moves in the current market.
- Trading mechanics and the hidden costs of shorting.
- An interview with Mike “Exile on Wall Street” Mayo, CFA, on professional integrity and “what we are up against.”
- How behavioral factors, such as confirmation bias, may prevent investors from learning the right lessons about the global financial crisis.
- The “transparency agenda” for overhauling Europe’s securities markets.
Plus articles on the convergence of goals-based reporting with traditional performance metrics, why investors need better tools for evaluating company management, investment prospects for East Africa, how advisers are using social media to get an edge, and whether the Chinese renminbi (RMB) can emerge as an international reserve currency.